Turbosmart Anti-Lag Valve (ALV)
The all-new addition to the Turbosmart line-up is the fresh air ALV40 (Anti-Lag Valve) for motorsport applications. Featuring a 40mm valve diameter and a purpose designed actuator housing. Multiple fittings are also supplied for ease of fitment and fabrication.
The fresh air valve allows for incoming charged fresh air from the turbo to be diverted safely into the exhaust manifold pre-turbine wheel with the throttle at low opening angles to allow for safer spooling of the turbocharger without the potentially damaging throttle based late combustion event style anti-lag that can induce high engine stresses and break connecting rods.
The ALV is a sealed twin chamber design with the top port being the primary control port, the spring is designed to open under vacuum conditions to allow for the air to bypass into the exhaust manifold, the lower chamber for twin port control methods, to control the valve irrespective of manifold pressure and shaft seal allows for leak proof operation.
Included in Box:
- Turbosmart Gen-V ALV
- Valve Seat
- Inlet V-band Clamp
- Inlet Hose Adapter 1-1/2" OD
- Outlet V-Band Clamp
- Inlet Weld Flange 1-1/2" OD
- Collar Tool
- Fitting Kit
- Inlet O-ring
Due to the variety of engine applications, an outlet weld flange is required to be purchased separately:
- 5 cylinder: TS-0550-3104 ALV 5-1 Weld Flange (5 outlet)
- 4 cylinder/V8: TS-0550-3098 ALV 4-1 Weld flange (4 outlet)
- 3 cylinder/6 cylinder: TS-0550-3099 ALV 3-1 Weld flange (3 outlet)
- 2 cylinder: TS-0550-3100 ALV 2-1 Weld flange (2 outlet)
- For custom outlet plenums, use Single Outlet to allow for fabrication of your own solution: TS-0505-3101 ALV 1-1 Weld Flange (1 outlet)
A larger 1-3/4" OD inlet pipe adapter is also available -TS-0550-3102